Overview: (PB 6153 a)The Governing Board recognizes that school-sponsored trips are an important component of a student’s development and supplement and enrich the classroom learning experience. School-sponsored trips may be conducted in connection with the district’s course of study or school related social, educational, cultural, athletic, school band activities, or other extracurricular or co-curricular activities. A field trip to a foreign country may be permitted to familiarize students with the language, history, geography, natural science, and other studies relative to the district’s course of study.
The last day to submit a Field Trip Approval Form April 13th, 2018
(Reminder: Last day to submit Purchase Order Requisitions is April 3rd, 2018)
6 Steps to Planning a Field Trip:
- Review the Field Trip FAQ Page
- Talk to your site admin: Check with your site administrators regarding available funding for field trips, site permission slip procedure, field trip attendance taking, etc.
- Check the field trip calendar: Before scheduling a field trip please check the Youth Service Calendar for available date. School transportation is first-come first-served based on approved forms (request are considered approved once signed by the Transportation Department). Field Trip Time is 8:30 am – 1:15 pm.
- Reserve your venue date and tickets: Book your date and reserve your tickets at the venue.
- Notify your site cafeteria: Site cafeteria staff will prepare bagged lunches for your students and have them ready to go for your field trip. Please notify them or student counts at least 1 week before your field trip. Site Cafeteria Contact
- Submit a Field Trip Approval Form: The majority of your field trip should be in place before you submit the approval form (i.e PO Req submitted, date booked at venue, cafeteria notified, Insurance Certificate Request submitted). Field Trip Approval Form
Other important information/ resources: