Dear KUSD Parents and Staff,
As we continue to enjoy the Holiday season, I wanted to provide a few quick updates:
- We will return to school on Tuesday, January 5th in Phase 1/ Distance Learning.
- Please remember, Monday January4th is a student free day for professional development for our staff.
- ASES programs will reopen on January 5, 2021
- Special small group supports that were operating prior to break will also return January 5, 2021
- Learning Hubs will reopen January 5, 2021
All Programs / Sites will have a heightened focus on safety, including Distancing, Proper Masking, and Hand Sanitizing.
- On (12/30), Gov Newsom released California’s Safe Schools for All Plan. This is our most recent guidance from the state to act as a Pathway for physically reopen schools while prioritizing the health and safety of our students and staff.
- The Plan outlined 4 Pillars: Funding, Safety and Mitigation, Oversight and Assistance, and Transparency and accountability.
- The Safety Plan continues to support the return to face to face instruction in a phased approach
- As we receive more information, next week on the specific affects for KUSD, we will continue to update you
- As we continue to work with Dr. Pace, and the Dept. of Public Health; we are monitoring the current conditions in Lake County and within our district boundaries. We continue to work on submitting waivers to return to face to face instruction when it is safe for our students and staff. As we are experiencing a rise in spread throughout the county and it is predicted to continue to rise over the next couple of weeks, we are projecting our return to face to face instruction to begin closer to the end of January/ beginning of February.
We will continue to monitor the situation within our county closely and work with Public Health to open our schools. We know this has had an incredible impact on everyone, our students, our parents and our staff. We know if we continue to work together we will get through this, please remain vigilant with your personal safety awareness, wear a mask, practice social distancing, sanitize your hands frequently, and stay home if you are not feeling well.
Thank you for your support! Happy New Year!