Konocti Unified School District (KUSD) is pleased to offer transportation to students who are safe, respectful and responsible. As a commitment to keeping students safe, KUSD would like to reference the Rules of Conduct for School Bus Riders.
Students will do the following:
- Ride only those buses to which students are eligible, and normally take to and from school. Written permission from parent/guardian is required to ride alternative bus routes.
- Listen and obey all directions from the driver.
- Arrive at their assigned bus stop a minimum of five (5) minutes before the scheduled pick up time.
- Respect the people and property at and around the bus stop and loading zones.
- Never throw objects at a bus or out of bus windows.
- Conduct themselves properly while waiting for their buses and after returning from school.
- Form a single line and remain a safe distance from the edge of the roadway a minimum of 12 feet to permit normal traffic flow and for buses to approach safely.
- Board and exit buses in an orderly manner without pushing or crowding.
- Sit in seats and areas assigned by the bus driver.
- Identify himself or herself to the driver when requested to do so.
- Remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Keep all portions of their body inside the bus at all times.
- Athletic shoes with cleats must be carried on and off the bus.
- Exit the bus through the front door only, unless otherwise directed by the driver.
- Cross roadways in front of the bus (all grades) are escorted by the driver (Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten and any grades 1-12 inclusive.
Students will not do the following:
- Threaten, harm or endanger the safety of the passengers and/or drivers.
- Possess lighting devices, alcoholic beverages, drugs, glass containers, live animals/insects, explosive devices or weapons, pressurized containers (hair spray, perfume, paint, etc.).
- Engage in boisterous conduct, fighting or throwing of any object inside or outside of the bus.
- Use profane, vulgar/abusive language or gestures.
- Use tobacco, consume food or beverages or chew gum.
- Write on seats, walls or intentionally damage any portion of the bus.
- Tamper with emergency exits or bus controls.
- Throw substances on or at the bus.
- Cross divided highways to get onto the bus.