CEC (Performing Arts Center at KEC) Frequently Asked Questions
How do I book the event space?
Before booking, check the CEC Event Calendar for available dates. To book the facility, fill out the Application for Use of School Facilities Application and submit it to Maintenance Office Assistant
There is a 4 hour minimum to book this event space.
All request must be made at least 30 calendar day in advance.
Forms must be completely filled out and signed. Completed forms may be:
-scanned and emailed to email@example.com
-mailed to Konocti Unified School District ATTN: Maintenance Office Assistant – CEC Scheduler PO Box 759, Lower Lake CA 95457
Do I need Insurance? How much?
Yes, Proof of liability insurance in the amount of at least $500,000 is required to book the facility
What days do you have available?
Check the CEC Calendar for available dates. CEC Event Calendar
How much does it cost to book the CEC?
The cost of the facility depends on your group classification. There is a 4 hour minimum tio book the facility.
Group 1: No Charge
Group 2: $40/hour
Group 3: $80/hour
Estimated cost will be calculated as follows:
Facility Fee + Restroom fee + Custodial fee = Total Estimate
- Restroom fee is $30 x # bathrooms used
- Custodial fee (per custodian) is $35 X # hours
- Facility Use Group Hourly Rate X # hours
Custodial and restroom fees are waived for school events.
What type of payment do you accept?
We accept checks and money orders. Make checks payable to Konocti Unified School District
Payments can be mailed to KUSD Business Office PO Box 759 Lower Lake Ca 95457. For more information on payment email Linda.firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I put a hold on a specific days?
Once your application is received, your date will marked as “tentative” on the event calendar. The district office will then contact you for an additional documentation that may be needed (proof of insurance, permits, payment, etc.). You must respond to the District Office within (10) days. Dates will only be held as “tentative” for (10) calendars, after which you must submit another request to reserve your date.
When is payment required?
Your organization will be invoiced for the total amount by the District 30 days in advance of your event. The invoice must be paid in full 2 weeks before the event date.
What “Group” does my organization fall under?
- Group 1:
- School Clubs
- Parent Teacher Organization
- 4 – H
- Girl/Boy Scouts, Camp Fire Girls, etc.
- School related groups
- Senior citizens
- Recognized employee associations
- Group 2
- Organizations, clubs or associations organized for:
- Cultural activities
- General character building
- Welfare purposes of the district’s citizens
- Organizations requesting use for entertainment or meeting where:
- admission fees are charged
- contributions are solicited and the net receipts are expended for the welfare of district students
- Bona fide charitable purposes
- Organizations, clubs or associations organized for:
- Group 3
- Organization requesting use for entertainment or meeting where admission fees are charged or contributions are solicited and the net receipts are NOT expended for the welfare of the students of the district or for charitable purposes.
What is your cancellation policy?
- 30 days prior to event: 50% refund on facilities payment; 100% refund of services charge (custodial fee, bathroom fee, sound and lighting)
- 10 days prior to event: 0% refund on facilities payment; 100% refund of services charged
- No refunds will be given to parties cancelling 0 -9 days prior to their scheduled event.
I work for KUSD, what procedure so I need to follow to book the CEC?
To book the CEC you must follow the same procedure. All completed applications should be sent to the Maintenance and Operations Department.
Do you have tables and chairs? How many?
The occupancy for the event space is 634. There is bleacher seating if needed:
With Bleachers: 278 bleachers seats (6 wheelchair accessible)
Without Bleachers: Up to 20 round tables with 200 chairs
Do you have a crew that will setup and takedown the event space?
Yes, once your application form is approved, a required custodial staff person will be assigned to assist with your event. Your group is expected to clean up after your event.The custodial staff will assist with tables, chairs, and emptying trash cans. Once you have cleaned up after your event, the custodial staff will wipe the floors.
Custodian Prices: $35/hour per custodian. Two custodians will be assigned if your event exceeds 125 people.
Will there be someone available to open and close the event space?
Yes, a custodian will unlock the event space before your event and lock the doors afterward. For more information on custodial services, setup and take down email email@example.com
Will security be provided?
No, you must provide your own security. For events with over 250 participants , you must provide proof of security.
Do you have sound and lighting equipment?
At this time we do not offer the option to have a sound and lighting tech for events.A portable microphone and speaker is available upon request for no additional charge.
Is the Kitchen available to use for my event?
Unfortunately, at this time the kitchen is not available for use.
Are there dishes, glasses, pitchers etc available?
The CEC does not provide dishes, glasses, silverware, linens, etc. You must bring your own supplies to the facility.
Can I take a tour of the facility?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tour.